Zero Percent Credit Card Offers

Published 1/29/08 (Modified 12/19/13)

Updated Compilation Of All The Best 0% Intro APR Balance Transfer Offers Below

If you are searching for a promotional balance transfer card, or if you are looking to eliminate some high interest debt by shifting your balance over to versatile credit cards that offer zero to low interest rates, then you've definitely come to the right place. The following list is a good starting point for credit card arbitrage and 0% intro APR balance transfer seekers looking to borrow interest free money or to make a profit. Below is my compilation list of the best no interest balance transfer offers available from all issuers. I am always on the lookout for new and better balance transfer credit cards so do check back for future updates.

As a general matter, taking on a 0% balance transfer goes beyond just requesting your balance transfer check. Getting the 0% credit card loan is relatively easy - the trickier part is learning to properly micro manage the transferred balance details from credit card application to promo expiration. But once you familiarize yourself with how to make a 0% balance transfer and understand the benefits and risks of balance transfer cards, you will find the procedure rather straight forward. As with all financial vehicles, the key is to understand the ins and outs before taking on the responsibility and assuming the inherent, but controllable risks involved.

Balance transfer offers are uniquely versatile in that they can serve numerous functions including balance transfer arbitrage and high interest debt reduction. For those struggling with high interest credit card debt but still maintain a decent credit score, shifting debt onto 0% APR balance transfer cards to hold back the burden of high interest rates while gradually working towards paying off debt is always a viable safety net option. Personally, I've taken advantage of balance transfer offers numerous times before, usually to weather through unexpected financial emergencies. Of course I always strive to pay back the full balance transfer amount at the end of the offer period.

All of the individual balance transfer credit card deals listed below offer introductory 0% APR interest with no annual fee. I have also listed the length of the balance transfer promotional period for each offer and indicated whether any balance transfer fee applies.

Best 0% Intro APR Credit Card Offers for Balance Transfers

1. Citi Simplicity® Card - fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months.
  2. Slate from Chase - no fee on transfers made within 60 days of account opening, after that balance transfer fee will be either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months.

95 Responses to “Zero Percent Credit Cards|0 Interest Credit Cards|Balance Transfer Offers”

1. christine says:

i signed up for associated today and all went well but i live in new york. balance transfer offer was same as stated by naga. i havent done the transfer yet ill let you know how it goes.

2. Doris says:

Help my daughter lost her job so she has been late on her payments...I wanted to transfer her credit cards to my name.. But don't know which card to get.. My credit is in good standing...but there is so many options...can any body help me!

3. Ellis says:

Doris,

Yeah that are many 0% balance transfer deals out there. This blogger has a list of cards that he recommends at (list of balance transfers). Personally I went with the Discover More and the Discover More Clear cards. I don't plan to use the two Discover credit cards for purchases...just for the 0% APR offers. They seem pretty popular among these balance transfer writers

Not sure transferring your daughter's debt to your name's a good idea though. Good luck!

~Ellis

4. Blue Book says:

Couple of more balance transfer offers

Chase Flexible Rewards Platinum Visa - 3% fee, $75 max
    Chase PerfectCard MasterCard - 6 months, 3% fee, $75 max
    Chase Platinum Master Card - 3% fee, $75 max
    Chase Visa Platinum Card - 3% fee, $75 max

5. Andy says:

Can I transfer $6,000 on these?

Andy,

Using these 0% balance transfer cards, you can transfer as much as your card's credit limit will allow and permit. For balance transfer business credit card offers, your credit limit potential will be substantially higher than that offered by regular consumer cards.... somewhere like $15,000-30,000 compared to $5000-10,000 for consumer credit cards.

7. Jim says:

Bad news, sorry. Discover Card no longer had cap of $75.00 on balance transfers; it is straight 3% charge (all for doing nothing).

8. Joanna says:

US Bank still has 0% balance transfers with NO FEE offers available at (Link)

9. Sara says:

The link attatched to the post by Joanna might be fraudulent. Try to access it independently; we couldn't find it any way we tried.

Sara,

I checked out Joanna's US Bank credit card link, and it appears to be otherwise valid. The webpage invokes a proper SSL secured and encryped application page that checks out. However, you are correct, I can't seem to find it through an independent Google search as well. I'm not vouching for the balance transfer offers indicated on the page, but I wouldn't regard it as fraudulent.

11. lisa says:

Joanna's card appears to be valid. It's a subsidiary of US Bancorp. (see below) Also offered through the american association of university women to their members.

U.S. Bancorp and Subsidiaries Upgraded by Standard & Poor's.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services announced today that it has raised the ratings on U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), including its counterparty credit ratings, to AA-/A-1+ from A+/A-1.

S&P also raised its long-term counterparty credit ratings on U.S. Bancorp's subsidiaries, U.S. Bank National Association and U.S. Bank National Association N.D., to AA from AA-. This AA rating...

12. Leefeller says:

Checked out US bank our local branch, they do not offer at this time 0 balance tranfers according to the person I talked to. They offered a personal loan at 8%?

13. Peter says:

Yes, they do. Don't talk to anyone. Just fill out the application online

14. Steve says:

How many of you out there filled this US BANK application out and got the terms that are stated? This has to be the last of these "freebies"

15. Peter says:

I have 2 cards from US Bank. The offers are still out there. Why not just get the card instead of being so skeptical. It's right there. Just print out the terms and fill out the application.

16. Jackie says:

I just did the credit card offer and balance transfer through US Bank. The 0% with no fee is still going on. Anyone know how long it took for their balance transfer to go through? Thanks.

17. Steve says:

Thanks Jackie...Peter said to not be skeptical but with so many scams working out there I just wanted a little more feedback :)

18. Peter says:

I simply meant that it seemed that people were arguing that these deals are no longer available, when the link is right there. And it's true that sometimes, if you call the reps, they might not be aware of every little deal out there. Especially since, for US Bank, these are affiliate deals, so it's not the regular US Bank credit card you would get by going into a branch.

The transfer should take about a week to go through. Should not be a problem at all. Remember also, that the transfer must be done soon after the application is approved. I think the time limit is 3 months. So although it is 0% for 12 months, you only have about 3 months to do the transfer (or transfers)

19. Christin says:

DO NOT use to the Advanta Business card. I made the mistake of getting one about 7 months ago and now am desparately searching for a new card to transfer to. I went from a 7% interest rate to 27% (32% for cash advances) with no warning!!! Even though I have excellent credit, my "risk" went up (I bought a house), making me more likely to default on payment. So basically, they are now making it even more likely to default by making it harder to pay off and refuse to lower the rate.

20. Peter K says:

Can somebody who received the no fee balance transfer from US bank tell me the link. I just went to us bank site and terms state a 3% fee.

Appreciate any help...