Zero Percent Credit Card Offers

Published 1/29/08 (Modified 12/19/13)

Updated Compilation Of All The Best 0% Intro APR Balance Transfer Offers Below

If you are searching for a promotional balance transfer card, or if you are looking to eliminate some high interest debt by shifting your balance over to versatile credit cards that offer zero to low interest rates, then you've definitely come to the right place. The following list is a good starting point for credit card arbitrage and 0% intro APR balance transfer seekers looking to borrow interest free money or to make a profit. Below is my compilation list of the best no interest balance transfer offers available from all issuers. I am always on the lookout for new and better balance transfer credit cards so do check back for future updates.

As a general matter, taking on a 0% balance transfer goes beyond just requesting your balance transfer check. Getting the 0% credit card loan is relatively easy - the trickier part is learning to properly micro manage the transferred balance details from credit card application to promo expiration. But once you familiarize yourself with how to make a 0% balance transfer and understand the benefits and risks of balance transfer cards, you will find the procedure rather straight forward. As with all financial vehicles, the key is to understand the ins and outs before taking on the responsibility and assuming the inherent, but controllable risks involved.

Balance transfer offers are uniquely versatile in that they can serve numerous functions including balance transfer arbitrage and high interest debt reduction. For those struggling with high interest credit card debt but still maintain a decent credit score, shifting debt onto 0% APR balance transfer cards to hold back the burden of high interest rates while gradually working towards paying off debt is always a viable safety net option. Personally, I've taken advantage of balance transfer offers numerous times before, usually to weather through unexpected financial emergencies. Of course I always strive to pay back the full balance transfer amount at the end of the offer period.

All of the individual balance transfer credit card deals listed below offer introductory 0% APR interest with no annual fee. I have also listed the length of the balance transfer promotional period for each offer and indicated whether any balance transfer fee applies.

Best 0% Intro APR Credit Card Offers for Balance Transfers

1. Citi Simplicity® Card - fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months.
  2. Slate from Chase - no fee on transfers made within 60 days of account opening, after that balance transfer fee will be either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months.

95 Responses to “Zero Percent Credit Cards|0 Interest Credit Cards|Balance Transfer Offers”

1. Peter K says:

I found the link and the offer, but the application does not ask you any details about doing a balance transfer....how do you request the balance transfer? also the site has no contact telephone numbers....Help

2. Steve says:

3. Steve says:

Your right Peter K...I just filled out the application but don't see anywhere for a balance transfer request...

4. Steve says:

Peter K...After you submit your application you will be asked if you want to do a balance transfer..I just did it...it works...

5. Peter K says:

Thanks steve, I found a number to call and they took my application over the phone and yes they are still offering the o% and no fee !!!

6. Steve says:

Your welcome...I still had two months left on my other 0% card but I figure this 0% interest and balance transfer promotion will not be around long so best to grab it now before they jack it up to 3% like most others...

7. rob says:

The Discover Card offer on this site states a 3% fee with a $75 max. On the application site there is nothing about a maximum. Has the offer changed?
    Thanks

8. Steve says:

Yes it has changed. No cap 3% on the transfer. This card still has 0% interest for a yr. and balance transfer fee... (link)

9. Steve says:

Sorry Rob that above link did not paste...see my Jan. 31st post.

10. Kristen says:

Thanks for all the helpful advice! I was wondering if I apply on line am I required to accept their terms automatically or do I have a choice to decline the offer? I'm trying to transfer about $12,000 to 1 card. Thanks.

11. Steve says:

Hi Kristen...I did the US Bank just a few days ago. The first part is that you fill out the application and hit submit...within a minute you will get an answer with your credit limit. If thats all you want ( just the card ) then hit finished or you can continue and fill out the next step which is the balance transfer. I don't know if all your $12,000 is on just one card but it allows you to transfer up to 4 cards if you wish.....hope this helps...Steve

12. Kristen says:

That does help Steve, thanks! Bank of America just jacked up my APR from 6.99 to 12.49 after 7 years with them. Trying to way my options. Seems to be the same for a lot of Americans. I'll keep my eye on this site for more useful info. Thanks again.

13. Steve says:

You are welcome Kristen....I have looked everywhere....that US Bank deal is the best one out there...Banks are trying to make money anywhere they can including jacking the rates up on long time customers. Not right but that's just the times we are in right now I guess....

14. Bob says:

Regarding the US bank card. If I were you I would ask about this statement (see below). At the top of the page they indicate 12 months yet when you follow the little cross symbol (see below) you get 6 months according to this:

The introductory rate does not apply to cash advances and is valid for six billing cycles. The rate will end early and increase to the current applicable APR if your Account is delinquent, over the limit or closed. We apply your payments to balances with lower APRs first. After six billing cycles, balance transfer fees apply.

Also, we may change APRs, fees and other Account terms in the future as provided under Cardmember Agreement and applicable law. Be sure to read that card member statement.

15. Steve says:

You must have a different link Bob...None of that is stated on the link that I posted from Jan. 31...

16. Bob says:

Yes it does. Click on the Learn more hyper link from your link or just go here (link)

17. Steve says:

Hi Bob....I talked to a service rep for US Bank to try to clarify your question. She told me if you apply for the card then wait 6 months after to do a balance transfer then there will be a charge. So I suggest if you need to do a balance transfer to do it fairly soon...hope that helps...

18. Jason says:

Just curious all of this balance transfering that seems to be going on here, does anyone know how this effects your credit report and score?? Especially if you are turned down by any of these companies that shows up your credit report does it not just a thought and question I guess!!??

19. Martha says:

Steve,

Did your transfer go through? I will be applying tomorrow and wanted to see how long it took for your transfer to move from your old card to the new US Bank Card. Also, which US Bank Card did you get? Platinum? Signature?

Thanks much.

20. JC says:

Can someone send me the phone # for US Bank to do a 0% balance transfer 12 mos ?

It's easier to talk to a real person in the phone then fill out all this online.