Zero Percent Credit Card Offers

Published 1/29/08 (Modified 12/19/13)

Updated Compilation Of All The Best 0% Intro APR Balance Transfer Offers Below

If you are searching for a promotional balance transfer card, or if you are looking to eliminate some high interest debt by shifting your balance over to versatile credit cards that offer zero to low interest rates, then you've definitely come to the right place. The following list is a good starting point for credit card arbitrage and 0% intro APR balance transfer seekers looking to borrow interest free money or to make a profit. Below is my compilation list of the best no interest balance transfer offers available from all issuers. I am always on the lookout for new and better balance transfer credit cards so do check back for future updates.

As a general matter, taking on a 0% balance transfer goes beyond just requesting your balance transfer check. Getting the 0% credit card loan is relatively easy - the trickier part is learning to properly micro manage the transferred balance details from credit card application to promo expiration. But once you familiarize yourself with how to make a 0% balance transfer and understand the benefits and risks of balance transfer cards, you will find the procedure rather straight forward. As with all financial vehicles, the key is to understand the ins and outs before taking on the responsibility and assuming the inherent, but controllable risks involved.

Balance transfer offers are uniquely versatile in that they can serve numerous functions including balance transfer arbitrage and high interest debt reduction. For those struggling with high interest credit card debt but still maintain a decent credit score, shifting debt onto 0% APR balance transfer cards to hold back the burden of high interest rates while gradually working towards paying off debt is always a viable safety net option. Personally, I've taken advantage of balance transfer offers numerous times before, usually to weather through unexpected financial emergencies. Of course I always strive to pay back the full balance transfer amount at the end of the offer period.

All of the individual balance transfer credit card deals listed below offer introductory 0% APR interest with no annual fee. I have also listed the length of the balance transfer promotional period for each offer and indicated whether any balance transfer fee applies.

Best 0% Intro APR Credit Card Offers for Balance Transfers

1. Citi Simplicity® Card - fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months.
  2. Slate from Chase - no fee on transfers made within 60 days of account opening, after that balance transfer fee will be either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater - 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months.

95 Responses to “Zero Percent Credit Cards|0 Interest Credit Cards|Balance Transfer Offers”

1. steve says:

Hi Martha...Sorry for the late response....I was on a little vacation. Yes, my transfer went through. It took a little under two weeks. I got the platinum card....good luck. JC..try this number...1-866-779-6259.

2. Kristen says:

send my Credit Card Details to my friend
    card type
    First/Last Name
    City
    StateZI P/Postal Code
    Country
    Card Number
    3 Digit Security Code
    Expiration Date

thank you very much!!

my email is

3. BG says:

the US BANK credit card offer no longer waives the balance transfer fee or caps it. The current offer is 0% for 12 months with a 3% balance transfer fee.

4. Dave says:

US Bank STILL OFFERS 0% interest on balance transfers for 12 months with 0 fee, believe it or not if you do the transfer with the application. I just filled it out online and printed out their term sheet and double checked it.

5. louis says:

Okay Citibank Master card raised my interest rate - from 12 something to 22 something for no reason at all. Ironically a few months ago they decreased my credit limit - saying I wasn't using the card. Then I used it and they raised the rates! And I paid on time too!

So I am looking for a great card to transfer about 4500 to right away.

Thanks for any new info!

6. louis says:

Update - discover offered me a 0% transfer for 12 months - sent me the info and then changed it to 6 months. Lied to me. I really want the 12 months. Can you transfer from one mastercard to another mastercard with a transfer? I asked discover if I could get another card from them and they said no - I really want the 12 month first offered and they refused. So now I have another card and not sure if it is what I wanted after all. I am beginning to think all these companies do is lie!

Louis,

I don't think Discover Card allows you to open multiple Discover credit cards, although I have managed to open multiple Citibank credit cards of the same type before.

It's getting very very difficult to find 0% balance transfer offers nowadays as the credit card companies are really starting to scale back. Credit card arbitrage is all but dead and those who utilize balance transfer credit cards for low interest debt repayment purposes may find pickings that are slimmer than before. The new federal credit card rules passed by the government and the new Credit Card Bill Of Rights being legislated will undoubtedly snuff out these offers for good in the coming future.

8. Wayne says:

just wants to say thanks, look like it still available. All my credit company sending me letters about interest rate raise these few days, is there a way to opt out without sending them $0.44 stamp?

9. Anthony says:

so i have a bank of america with a high interest rate, i need a card to transfer $4500 balance. Im currently paying 23%, my credit is at around 670-690

10. Savvy Consumer says:

Here's a trick to improve your credit score and only do ONE new card with ONE balance transfer.

1. Apply for the US Card with 0% APR balance transfer and no fee for 12 months.

2. Pick a card you have with a higher APR for the transfer, but where you have not maxed out the card.

For example, let's say you owe $2500 on a $8000 card. Do a balance transfer of $7500 to that card. It will pay off the balance (moving the $2500 to a 0% card). It will also result in a $5000 "credit" with that other card. Then ask that card to send you a check for the $5000. Use that $5000 to pay down other cards.

This will help your FICO score because it won't look like you are using credit to pay down debt.

You'll owe $7500 on the 0% card and that will help you chip away for a year.

OR -- let's say you only have $2500 in debt anyway.

Still do what I suggested. Take the extra $5000 and put it in a one-year CD you can't touch, and collect interest on the bank's 0% money. At the end of the year, pay off the balance and pocket the interest. So you're making money on THEIR money.

11. Pang says:

So, I have a question.

Is it better to have a bal xfer on a credit card with 2.9% life of bal or to do the 6-12mos xfer every time?

I'm wondering b/c I have a xfer on AE for 2.9% life of the bal. I think that's good b/c you can't find a deal like that, but then trying to pay if off with 0% is always better. I just hate reapplying for bal xfer every 6-12mos.

What do you suggest?

12. steve says:

Hey Pang.....These days a 2.9% for life is a pretty good deal. I don't know how big your balance is but opening a new acct every 6 months and do a transfer ( its hard to find 1 year interest free deals now) is a pain. I would bite the bullet and stick with what you got....

13. Pang says:

Hey Steve! Thanks for answering me. I appreciate it! I'm already on the 2.9% so I'll stick to what I have already.

Now only if I can win that lottery to pay all my debts off. LOL!

14. Juliet says:

I have a Chase card with a balance of $6,000 that I have been paying double my minimum on the balance. Now, they have decided to punish me by raising my interest from 7.99% to 11.24%. I want to transfer the balance without paying a fee for transfering to another card that is not part of Chase or Bank of America without maxing out the card.

15. steve says:

good luck trying to get an iberian card. they denied my mother and i and we both at above 700 credit ratings! its not worth the time to apply to them!!!!!!!!

16. Rod says:

Question: Can a transfer be made from a Chase Disney Visa to the US Bank Visa Signature Card or are Visa to Visa trasfers not allowed.

17. Dawn says:

My husband and I are separating and he want me to pay off my half of the credit card that is in his name with me as an authorized user. I have a new Citi card that has free balance transfers with 0 interest for 6 months. Can I transfer balances from his card to mine?

18. steve says:

Hi Dawn. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to but to double check its best to contact a rep. with your new Citi card and clear it with them....

19. mac says:

Dawn. Just give them the company and account number and it isn't a problem. Moreover with Citi you should be able to get them to send you a check or transfer it to your bank account and then pay from there. Don't double check; in the current credit environment don't talk to them any more than is absolutely needed.

20. Cathy says:

Steve, if you are checking in on these comments, I wanted to thank you for all your helpful info and consistent follow-up on this blog. I used to get balance transfer offers all the time in mail, but none this year. After a unexpected expense had to be paid by credit this summer, I was shocked at the interest rate. I found this blog, and your link from Jan. 31 works and bal transfer terms still the same. Thanks again!!