Gas Cards: The Best Gas Credit Card Rewards and Offers
Published 2/28/08 (Modified 11/27/13)
Updated List Of The Best Gas Rebate Credit Card Offers To Help You Save Money On Gasoline and Fuel
Want to save money or earn extra cash back when you fill up your vehicle despite high gas prices at the pump? It doesn't matter if you're an ordinary consumer, a business, or even a student - I'm sure we all wouldn't mind getting what essentially amounts to a cash back discount at the gas pump. If you are a frequent driver, you definitely will want the edge when it comes to taking advantage of the best possible card reward and cashback opportunities available for drivers. Gas prices have skyrocketed recently so anything you can reasonably do now to lessen the cost burden would be a wise financial move on your part as a gas consumer. Of course, only those who can handle the responsibility and burden of credit management should apply for and use credit cards. The rewards and rebates they offer are certainly attractive but they're not suitable for those with a shaky credit usage history.
Currently, many reward credit cards include gas station purchases on their special list of places that yield extra high bonus cash back credit card rewards. When you use the card to purchase gas, you'll frequently earn much higher reward rates than ordinary purchases made at other locations. If you strategically use a combination of reward cards like I do, you can designate higher rebate gas credit cards to be used specifically and primarily for gasoline expenses, and use your other reward cards for other general everyday purchases. After scouring all online offers, here are my top gas credit card choices to help you earn rewards and save on gas money. You might feel just a tiny bit better the next time you fill up.
List Of the Best Cash Back Reward Credit Cards With The Highest Purchase Incentives For Gas Rebates
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express - Earn Cash Back: 3% at US supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 2% at US gas stations & select US dept stores, 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- Chase Freedom® - Get 5 percent bonus cash back in popular, rotating categories like gas stations, restaurants and more, subject to enrollment and maximum spend limits. You can earn unlimited 1 percent cash back on all other purchases with no spending tiers.
- TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express - This card is for Costco warehouse club members. It offers 3 percent cash back on gasoline at US gas stations and on gasoline at Costco up to $4,000 per year in purchases, then 1 percent; 2 percent for purchases at US restaurants, 2 percent on eligible travel purchases, including at Costco, 1 percent cash back on other purchases, including at Costco. Terms and limitations apply. You will receive your cash back in the form of an annual reward coupon redeemable for cash and merchandise at Costco. The card has no annual fee with a paid Costco membership. Terms and Restrictions Apply.
- PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa® Card - Earn cashback on gas purchases paid at the pump**. Cash rewards are automatically posted to your account every month. No caps, limits or tiers on rewards. With this credit card offer membership to Pentagon Federal Credit Union is required. Terms and conditions apply.
The Top Business Gas Reward and Cashback Credit Card Offers
Keep in mind that you don't have to actually own your own small business to qualify for lucrative business credit card programs. People can become a business unto themselves (it's legally referred to as a sole proprietorship) - just enter your own personal name when prompted for the business name.
- Discover Business Card - Earn 5 percent CashBack Bonus on your first $2,000 in office supplies and 2 percent on your first $2,000 in gasoline purchases, and you can earn a full 1% after you make $5,000 in qualifying purchases annually and 0.25 percent on your first $5,000 and all warehouse purchases. Limitations may apply.
- TrueEarnings® Business Card from Costco and American Express OPEN - Earn 4 percent cashback for gasoline at U.S. gas stations, including at Costco for purchases up to $7,000 per year (1% thereafter), 2 percent cash back for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, 2 percent on eligible travel purchases, including at Costco, and 1 percent on other purchases including at Costco. This excellent reward card is meant for Costco members. The card comes with no annual fee if you have a paid Costco membership.